- This policy does not apply to the practices of members, be they companies, organisations or individuals that Irish Books Direct does not own or control.
Information Collection and Use
- Irish Books Direct collects personally identifiable information when you register to be a user on the Irish Books Direct website, when you use certain Irish Books Direct services, when you visit the Irish Books Direct website, and when you enter details as content contributors, or in any feedback forms, profiles or surveys.
- When you register with Irish Books Direct, we ask for your name, username, company, password, telephone, email, job title, address, web/homepage and other pertinent preference related information - most of which is optional to input . Once you register with Irish Books Direct and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Irish Books Direct also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser - including your IP address, Irish Books Direct Cookie information, the pages you requested and the activities you participate in on the website.
- Irish Books Direct uses information for three general purposes: to customise the targeting and content you see, based on the details given by you at registration and your activity on the Irish Books Direct site, to fulfil your requests for certain book products and services, and to contact you about special offers and new book products.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Irish Books Direct will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Irish Books Direct may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- Irish Books Direct gives you the ability to edit your Irish Books Direct account information and preferences at any time
- Should you wish to remove yourself from the system please use our firstname.lastname@example.org email address to request your complete removal
- NOTE - that for context and continuity, we will not be able to delete your content contributions on the site
- Your Irish Books Direct Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security
- In certain areas, Irish Books Direct uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions
- Irish Books Direct may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages
Any user found to be abusing their privileges on the Irish Books Direct site will have all privileges revoked and will be barred from further use of the site
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions about any of this information please use our contact us form to let us know